Duplex Stainless Steel & Super Duplex Stainless Steel
Renaissance Metal Craft Pvt. Ltd. is a trusted exporter and supplier of Duplex & Super Duplex Steel Pipes, Tubes, Sheets, Plates, Round Bars, Flanges, Fasteners & Pipes Fittings. We use the best quality raw materials for manufacturing duplex & super duplex steel products. Our experienced engineers & quality control inspectors ensure that all quality tests are passed before delivering the products. These duplex & super duplex steel pipes & tubes, sheets & plates, round bars, flanges, fasteners, pipe fittings are designed as per national & international standards. These duplex & super duplex steel products are available in a wide range of specifications & various grades at best price. We also manufacture duplex & super duplex steel products as per customer requirement or drawing.
Duplex Stainless Steel and Super Duplex Stainless Steel
Several industries frequently employ duplex stainless steel. There are numerous classifications with various chemical makes up, though. Below, the contrasts and advantages will be more thoroughly examined.
Duplex Stainless Steel – Manufacturing and Alloys
The term "Duplex" refers to the biphasic structural composition comprising a ferritic and an austenitic phase in about equal parts. A 50:50 balanced ratio provides ideal Duplex steel properties.
The chromium concentration ranges between 19.5 and 33%. When compared to austenitic steels, duplex has a nickel content ranging from 1% to 9%. In addition, for welding enhancements, approximately 0.05 to 0.6 per cent of nitrogen is added.
Furthermore, adding 0.1 to 5% molybdenum improves endurance in a chloric medium. A manganese addition of one to six per cent, on the other hand, boosts the strength. Copper and tungsten are also added to some duplex grades. To limit the possibility of intergranular corrosion, the carbon concentration must be less than or equal to 0.03 per cent.
Duplex & Super Duplex Steel products are corrosion resistant and have excellent durability and strength. Duplex & Super Duplex Steel Pipes, Tubes, Sheets, Plates, Round Bars, Flanges, Fasteners & Pipes Fittings are available in different standards like ASTM, ASME, AISI, DIN, BS, EN IS, JIS & other international standards. We supply these Duplex & Super Duplex Steel Products to various industries & applications like oil & gas, power generation, water & sewage desalination plants, chemical & fertilizers industry, nuclear power, sugar industry, pharmaceuticals industry, defense, aircraft industry, pumps, condensers, pulp and paper industry, engineering products, etc.
Further Development of Duplex Stainless-Steel Grades
There are now four distinct Duplex families as a result of the introduction of new Duplex classes:
- Lean Duplex Stainless Steel:less alloyed than the original 1.4462/2205 variant.
- Standard Duplex Stainless Steel:It contains a nickel content that ranges from 3 to 6.5 percent and a chromium concentration that ranges from 19.5 to 23%. Nickel and molybdenum are frequently present in greater quantities in Duplex grades with 25% chromium than in regular Duplex standards.
- Super Duplex Stainless Steel:Chromium concentration is from 24 to 30%, nickel content is between 3.5 and 8%, and molybdenum level is between 0.8 and 5%. Additionally, tungsten (up to 2.5%) and copper (up to 2% of the alloy) are included.
- Hyper Duplex Stainless Steel:a more advanced type of stainless steel that contains up to 33% chromium and 9.5% nickel. Manganese and copper are also included in the alloy.
Characteristics of Duplex Stainless Steel
- Duplex stainless steel offers superior corrosion resistance due to its high chromium content.
- At an ideal ferrite-austenite ratio, all Duplex steels exhibit good strength and ductility characteristics.
Advantages of Duplex Stainless Steel
Duplex is distinguished by its high PRE value. The PRE, also known as Pitting Resistance Equivalent, is a measurement of the consistency of a stainless-steel grade's pitting corrosion. The alloy is more corrosion resistant the higher the PRE value. The material is declared saltwater resistant if the value is 32 or above.
The following formula must be used to calculate the PRE value: PRE = 1% Cr + 3.3 % Mo + 16 % N
The following are the benefits of steel having a Duplex microstructure:
- Pitting corrosion
- Pitting corrosion
- Stress corrosion
Duplex has several advantages, including high strength and weldability. Other stainless-steel grades do not outperform. Furthermore, certain Duplex steels have a strong resistance to frictional wear stress.
It is also vital to note the little thermal expansion. And a critical component is the possibility of significant cost savings provided by probable weight reduction due to its high yield.
Duplex Stainless Steel can be used in many ways;
Duplex is a very renowned stainless-steel grade that is used in a wide range of applications across several industries. Duplex stainless steel is primarily utilised in the following applications:
- Tanks, containers, or vessels in the pulp and paper industries, as well as the chemical sector
- Food and beverage industry tanks and containers
- pressure vessels in many industries
- Pipes used in the oil and gas industry
- pipes that are exposed to salt water and harsh chemical
- in petrochemical facilities, a heat exchanger
- plants for purifying flue gases
- Plants for desalination
- components for vehicle building, such as trains, tramways, or automobiles
- Bridge and architectural structural aspects, particularly near saltwater
- various types of profiles required for the aforementioned range of applications
Duplex is suitable for temperatures ranging from -40 degrees Celsius to +280 degrees Celsius.
Duplex Stainless-Steel Welding
Skilled welders can use typical welding processes for high-alloyed steels to join Duplex stainless steel sheets or Duplex stainless-steel profiles. Submerged welding, tungsten inert gas welding, plasma welding, active gas metal arc welding, laser welding, and electro-beam welding are all available.
Renaissance Metal Craft Pvt. Ltd. is one of the world's top suppliers and exporters of Duplex and Super Duplex Steel products. Please contact us right away with your needs. We will respond with the best quotation for your Duplex & Super Duplex Steel Pipes, Tubes, Sheets, Plates, Round Bars, Flanges, Fasteners, and Pipe Fittings required.
Duplex Steel & Super Duplex Steel Specifications
Duplex Steel Products
Super Duplex Steel Products
Ethiopia | South Africa | Ghana | Tanzania | Argentina | Bolivia | Brazil | Chile | Colombia | Ecuador | Guyana | Paraguay | Peru | Suriname | Uruguay | Venezuela
Send us your enquiry today
We respond to all enquiries within 24 hours. Click on contact to send your requirement.Contact us